Friday, March 18, 2011

My new lunch obsession

In honor of St. Patrick's Day being yesterday, I felt I should confess my newest lunch obsession.  First I should tell you that I go through waves of being obsessed with a certain food for my daily lunch.  When I was doing the South Beach Diet I ate only turkey and cheese roll-ups with yellow pepper slices inside.  Then I ate only PB&J sandwiches for months, then I switched to tuna with dried cranberries and apples.  Now my newest obsession which, if I was independently wealthy, I would eat every day is the Reuben sandwich at the Sandwich Man on 2nd St. in Harrisburg.  They make the most delicious corned beef I have ever had at a restaurant.  It's sliced to the perfect thickness and piled high on their whole grain wheat bread (i don't like Rye bread!) with the perfect amount of sauerkraut and thousand island dressing.  I could eat this sandwich 5 days a week!!!  It is warm, delicious, and feels like home.  And when I eat it I am not embarrassed by the thousand island dressing running down my chin, because that is just a compliment to the chef!

 Hugs and Dishes,  Tina Grigio xo

No comments:

Post a Comment