Thursday, March 17, 2011

You're my Little Irish Potato

A few things come to mind when I think of St. Patrick's Day: Green Beer, Pub Crawls and Cabbage.While most people are decked out in Green, throwing back car bombs and drinking Guinness, I decided to be good and stay in for the evening.

I stopped by to visit my Parents to say Happy St. Patrick's Day.  My Mother mentioned how she really loves Irish Potatoes. (Earlier in the week, Dad went on a mission around Central PA and couldn't find them anywhere.)  My Mother and Father, Philadelphia Natives were very disappointed this year...


As much as I would love to make these delicious Philadelphia treats for my Parents, I just didn't have the time.  So I Googled a recipe to share these sweet treats.


An Irish Potato is a sweet and creamy coconut confection shaped into little balls that sorta resemble a potato.
 What you will Need:
  • Butter
  • Cream Cheese
  • Coconut
  • Confectioners Sugar
  • Vanilla
  • Cinnamon
Instructions:

1. Soften a half stick of butter and a 4 ounce package of cream cheese.
    Then cream them together in a large bowl.

2. Mix in a teaspoon of vanilla and an entire 16 ounce box of confectioners sugar.
    After everything is blended, add two and a half cups of coconut.

3. Roll this dough into your Irish Potato balls. They should be about the size of a walnut.
    Roll each Irish Potato  in cinnamon until coated.

4. Refrigerate your Irish Potato Candy for at least two hours or until they are firm.
    Keep them refrigerated in between serving.

Please Enjoy these bite size sweets in moderation, as I've discovered in the past... Overdosing on the savory coconut concoction  may lead to a sugar hangover in the morning.

Hugs & Dishes,  Sue Flaye






No comments:

Post a Comment